This blog is an opportunity for Georgia teachers (and teachers in other states as well) to speak out about their concerns, outrages, frustrations, and so forth. We firmly believe that you cannot have good learning conditions until you first have good teaching conditions. So many administrators cannot see this or do not want to see this. They are myopic, mean-spirited, and incompetent. Instead of leading by inspiration, they try to lead by intimidation. The top-down, heavy-handed management has been shown to be a failure not only in business and industry, but also in the schooling process. This is a little secret that I learned years ago as an administrator: If you respect and esteem the teachers and allow them to exercise their professional knowledge, judgment, and wisdom, then they will go the extra mile for the students, the parents, and the admininistrators every time. It is a matter of respect.
- Meet with MACE Leaders. Just Call the MACE Office (770.716.2727).
- MACE Explains Effective Education!
- Teacher Blame Syndrome (TBS)
- MACE Knows the Issues!
- When We Had Discipline!
- You Cannot Ape MACE!
- What has MACE Done for Me Lately?
- Two Pertinent Articles are Reprinted… The MACE Thesis & Why You Came to MACE!
- Hey Calhoun County School System, the Eyes of MACE are upon You!
- Hey Superintendent Richard Autry, What in the Hell is Going on Out in Rockdale County?