This blog is an opportunity for Georgia teachers (and teachers in other states as well) to speak out about their concerns, outrages, frustrations, and so forth. We firmly believe that you cannot have good learning conditions until you first have good teaching conditions. So many administrators cannot see this or do not want to see this. They are myopic, mean-spirited, and incompetent. Instead of leading by inspiration, they try to lead by intimidation. The top-down, heavy-handed management has been shown to be a failure not only in business and industry, but also in the schooling process. This is a little secret that I learned years ago as an administrator: If you respect and esteem the teachers and allow them to exercise their professional knowledge, judgment, and wisdom, then they will go the extra mile for the students, the parents, and the admininistrators every time. It is a matter of respect.
- What has MACE Done for Me Lately?
- Two Pertinent Articles are Reprinted… The MACE Thesis & Why You Came to MACE!
- Hey Calhoun County School System, the Eyes of MACE are upon You!
- Hey Superintendent Richard Autry, What in the Hell is Going on Out in Rockdale County?
- MACE. The Choice is Clear!
- Governor Nathan Deal’s Opportunity School Districts Plan is just a Small Part of a Large Overall Conspiracy to Privatize America’s Public Schools. An Unholy Alliance of Big Business, Big Government, and Big Education is Destroying Local Schools and Local Control of Public Education.
- What’s Really Wrong with Public Education?
- When MACE Discontinues a Teacher’s Membership…
- Atlanta Superintendent, Meria Carstarphen, in Apparent Panic Mode, Does What all Educational Sluts do…She Blames the Teachers for the Students’ Refusal to Learn!
- About the Georgia Teacher Keys Effectiveness System (TKES): It is a Matter of Control. Now the Students are in Complete Control, and Now the Teachers Have to Adjust to Their Wishes and Accommodate Their Styles. Metaphorically Speaking, Yes, the Prisoners are Really Running the Prison!